Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I am blessed to be a mother. It is my calling in life. I love being with my children, nurturing, teaching. On the card Dylan made for me in Primary on Sunday he had to fill in he blank, “My mom is happy when _____.” His answer, My mom is happy when I am with her. This was such a tremendous gift for me. I always tell them that I am only completely happy when I have all my children at home with me. Just having them around, knowing they are safe with me makes me so happy. He remembered, and I will never forget how my heart skipped a beat when I read it. Caleb cracked me up with his card – full of our “inside joke” funnies.
Lacey created her first ever handmade mother's day card with the fabulous mother Chesley in the nursery. It is a forever keepsake.
I cried when I saw my boys singing in Sacrament. I knew as I watched them that my heart strings would feel a tug all day long.

Travis out-did himself as normal, more beautiful jewelry, chocolate, the Twilight Soundtrack. Every little mention of things I loved, he remembered. We continued the day with a visit with my mother and a visit from Trav's mother later in the day. I wanted the boys to understand that mother's day wasn't just for me, but for all the mothers who are important in our lives. Would I have the supportive, loving, unselfish, righteous husband that I have if he had not had a good mother? Probably not. He is a product of her making and she deserves credit for sure! Would I be the same person without my mother? No Way. Good mother's make the world a better place. I hope that my sons remember this and remember the value of mothers as they chose their wives, and that they come home to see their mother on mother's day!

No comments: