Sunday, September 23, 2007

A gift for Karlie:

My friend Rebecca's daughter turns seven on Tuesday. She is such a girly, girl. I wanted to make her something cute. So, I made the Raggedy Ann shirt. It's a white tee with an embroidered face and I sewed the ribbon hair on. Then, the tee needed a pair of coordinating jeans. Thus, the ruffles were added. This was a JOB. I love the way it turned out though. Then, to give her a few more options to wear with the gingham ruffled jeans, I got another white tee and sewed four buttons on. I made "patches" that she can change out just by unbuttoning them. A "K" patch for Karlie, a candy cane for Christmas, a heart for Valentine's Day, and cherries for any time. I stumbled across the cute matching cherry necklace and ring so I HAD to include those too! I still have to sew a belt/sash for the jeans. That's on the to-do list for tomorrow!I hope she likes her gift!!




4 comments:

Pamelia said...

You are so talented!!!!! I wish I could do or had the time to sew things like you.

Leslie Spradley said...

That is adorable! You just keep getting better and better with your embroidery and sewing!!

Rachel said...

That is so cute! I have been sewing for a couple years, but am still very much a beginner--maybe you could give me lessons!! Hope you are all doing well!!

ginger said...

that is such an awesome idea with the patches and the buttons so you can change them out! i LOVE it!