Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My thoughts for today...


I told myself this would happen before Lacey was even born, and I was right. I knew that the entire Peake side of the family would swear that Lacey looked just like Cody. Even though she has a different mother and is a girl, she would still look just like Cody because she is Travis’s daughter. My side of the family, of course, would say she looked like me. The head full of dark hair solidified this because I had a head full of dark hair as an infant as well. Let me just say, for the record, Lacey looks like Lacey. That’s it. She is the only Travis/Christy child on this earth and will probably be the only one. We wanted a child, an “us” and we have this in little Lacey. Yes, I do see Travis in her; and this makes me so happy. After all, I do love her daddy!!! I see me too. But no, I don’t see Cody, Caleb, or Dylan. I don’t think we should choose one child for her to “resemble” and leave out everyone else. Lacey looks like her mama and daddy, as she should. We are so blessed to have this beautiful little girl!

1 comment:

The Spradley's @ Shivers Green Rd said...

I must agree, Lacey looks like Lacey. I'm sure her looks will change 100 times. My fear when this baby is born, if it's a boy, we will hear lots of smack too. One family member has already made a very hurtful comment that I don't think I can forget. But Christy, I agree with you whole heartedly, each child is individual in their own way. I wish Lacey health and happiness...as well as you and the entire family. Hope to see you soon.