Monday, October 20, 2008

Chilly Morning...


I awoke this morning to a chill in the air. For the first time in months I wanted to turn off the ceiling fan in our bedroom. I had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. I am grateful to experience yet another season on this Earth. My children were still sleeping, warm in their beds, the dog was not whining to be let out – it was just a great morning. After taking the boys to school I came home and slowly enjoyed a delicious cup of hot chocolate in my favorite mug, thank you Rebecca. Lacey and I enjoyed breakfast then I got to work sewing up four custom orders. I'm glad I had such a sweet, slow morning. In a few short hours it will be dinner, homework, and a football game. Different pace for sure – but just as sweet! Happy Monday everyone.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I love quiet, delicious mornings like this...

Anonymous said...

SOunds fabulous! THanks for my sweet card!