Saturday, February 09, 2008

Kitchen Remodel...

After 2 long weeks of stripping wallpaper, my walls were finally ready for a whole new look. I have been collecting accessories for a month, anticipating the final
"look" that I wanted. I'm a major lover of books, writing, old letters, maps, etc.. My house is practically a library, so I decided the kitchen needed to be included as well. So, Rebecca came over, and worked her magic. I don't know what she was mixing up in my kitchen; but my walls are perfect. There aren't too many times that I have a vision in my head and the end results look just like what I had imagined! In person, the walls look like leather and old parchment paper - LOVE IT! Thanks for your ENTIRE DAY of back breaking work Rebecca! The finished project still amazes me! I keep walking in the kitchen and staring!

Here are the before, during, and after photos. I still have to do window treatments, my island is being built, and I need a few more accessories for above my cabinets. Hopefully new countertops and flooring are in th not-so-distant future! More photos to come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a change!!
looks good!

Anonymous said...

looks great!

Allyson said...

The kitchen looks great! Good job. What are you planning to do to the floor and countertops?

scchesleys said...

Love your new kitchen look!

campbell said...

That is just gorgeous. I love it. It really opens up your kitchen. Come by my house next.