Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ice Pop Princess

I grew up with ice pops - a cheap, cold, summer treat. My brothers and I used to finish the ice pops and then fill the plastic tubes with water. We'd pretend they were scuba gear. One of us would be the shark while the rest of us ran like mad with the ice pop hanging from our teeth! It is a silly, summer memory that I love. It was all about imagination when I was a kid! My children have acquired the same love of ice pops, especially Lacey. She loves all flavors, but prefers pink. But then, she prefers everything in pink! Maybe Uncle Dale and I need to show everyone how to play "shark." You're "IT" Uncle Dale!!


3 comments:

Gwen said...

I love icey pops! I think I survived on them when I was pregnant in south Alabama in the middle of summer! LOL Maybe that explains why Devon loves them so much too!

Anonymous said...

Anna has to have pink too!

Connie said...

this is an adorable photo...the memories are so sweet...