Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh What Do You Do In the Summer time?

I love this Primary song and it is stuck, in repeat mode, playing over and over in my head. There are just so many fun activities to participate in "when all the world is green." I think this will be our theme song for the summer as I chronicle all these fun events! Even as we booked our vacation cabin last week, this song was spinning. I know my kids are going to grow up too fast for me, so I have to savor all these simple, summer moments.
We've spent a lot of this summer getting wet! Lacey insisted on her red, gingham swimsuit from last summer - way toooo small. I'll have to hand that one down quickly! Caleb and Dylan are slip and slideaholics. I don't know how they aren't black and blue. Cody was fortunate enough to spend some time with the grandparents last week, so he had his own summer fun too.
All this I soaked in from a lawn chair in the shade. Ahhhhhh.....



Oh what do you do in the sumertime, when all the world is green?
Do you fish in the stream, or lazily dream on the banks as the clouds go by?
Is that what you do? So do I!



Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you swim in a pool, to keep yourself cool, or swing in a tree up high?
Is that what you do? So do I!



Oh, what do you do in the summertime, when all the world is green?
Do you march in parades, or drink lemonades, or count all the stars in the sky?
Is that what you do? So do I!



Photobucket

2 comments:

Anita said...

I love that song! So appropriate and great pictures to go with. And I can see why Lacey doesn't want to let go of that red bathing suit - adorable!

Alyssa said...

Lacey's swimsuit is adorable!!! I don't blame her for wanting to wear it. :)