Saturday, August 18, 2012

What's In A Name?

After lots of thought and consideration, I finally decided on a name for this blog – a name that I could stick with and be happy with for many years to come. When I thought of our home, the word, “haven,” immediately came to my mind. We've lived here a little over two years now. We needed to move, to escape animosity, to find refuge, to have more room for our four children. I prayed and prayed that if it be the Lord's will, that he would move us to a home where we could flourish and grow. We had lots of needs and this house, this land, fell into our laps. It has been one amazing blessing. We found our “haven.” I added “homestead” to the title, as a constant reminder of what we want to become. We are not a fully functioning homestead yet, but we are progressing. Homesteading to me means learning to make things from scratch, working the land, tending what animals we can fit on our property, and living more simply. Homesteading is a noble goal, and will make our home, our haven, even better. I'm so grateful for our homestead haven, and I'm excited about this new journey.



The Morris Tribe Blog Carnival

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I noticed your name change earlier! I like it! I can't wait until the day we can settle into a home and stay there! This military way of life has been great, but I'm ready to plant some roots!