Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Sew" Excited!

I love being a stay-at-home mom, and since all my children are now school age (boo, hoo), I have found that I have a little more “creative” time. In the kitchen, or behind a camera or sewing machine, I try to use my creative time to add a little extra income - I consider my little income to be a little budget flexibility – SO important to a family of six. This month, August 30, I'm participating in a designer launch – what we are calling “The Big Reveal.” A group of us moms who design and sew children's clothing have come together to form a group, “Once Upon A Wardrobe.” We will be auctioning all our beautiful wares together in hopes our creations will be bought and loved! I think it's so important to know how to sew, to cook, to do something constructive and beneficial to the family. Yes, I have a college education, I could get a full-time job, but that's not what's right for my family at this time. I really love keeping my home – my haven! Here are my one-of-kind creations I'll be auctioning on the 30th!

Captain Hook!


Feels like Fall! Comfy Knit Fabric


Witchy Minnie


Christmas Minnie (Many of our customers are BIG Disney fans!)


Pink Cinderella (Remember the dress the mice made?)
Here is our Facebook page! Join us! Once Upon A Wardrobe

No comments: