Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday: On My Walk...

As a child, imagination was everything. If I could imagine it, I could do it. I could travel to a far away lands, I could be a queen, I could beat up my brothers and not get in trouble! I spent countless hours in the treetops in teetering little tree houses made from wood pallets just imagining that the forest was my spectacular kingdom. My awesome banana seated bike was my noble steed and together we could do ANYTHING.

This is why I seek a more simple life. I have the best childhood memories and I want my children to have the same. I want them to use their brain instead of their fingers to push the “on” button of some techy device. Now, I do love technology, but children have the learn how to respect the technology they love, and still know how to survive without it.

Yesterday morning my boys woke me up at 5:45 in the morning to tell me they were going fishing. Ahhhh...music to my ears. Fishing, fun, electricity free. Here is a photo from one of my afternoon walks. This is my daughter's “tree house.” It's beside a tree, not in it, but she doesn't care. Last I heard she was running a mud pie bakery out of it and doing really well. Couldn't hardly keep up with the crowds of hungry customers....

No comments: