Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to School

Tomorrow is the first day of school. I'm not sobbing yet. Keeping busy has really helped. Yesterday we made sure we had lots of good “lunch box” food. We chopped the celery and the carrots, cubed the cheese, etc. Everything is ready and easy to pack quickly. My boys start at 7:30 am, so we have to get out early! This past weekend I made mountains of waffles and froze them for quick before school breakfasts. I used THIS fantastic recipe from Michelle at simplifylivelove.com. Today, I plugged up my brand new dehydrator for the first time. Armed with my trusty “Dehydrator Bible” I'm dehydrating bananas for the first time. Hopefully these bananas will make good lunchbox treats as well. We've learned so much this summer and participated in so many new endeavors. I hope the new school year brings as much enjoyment. I will miss my babies.

3 comments:

Gwen said...

So how did your bananas turn out? We have a dehydrator but I've never used it for fruit. Maybe I should.

Christy Peake said...

I followed the instructions to the letter, but I don't think they were fully dehydrated when I took them out. They were still too mushy - after 8 hours! Next time I will try 10!

Gwen said...

When you perfect it, let me know, then I'll try! LOL I have wanted to try fruit leather, but haven't been brave enough.